Mom made these meatballs frequently when we were growing up. She served them with homemade barbecue sauce on top. Now, they are a favorite of the grandkids.
- 1 can (12-ounce) evaporated milk
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup onion chopped (or 1/4 cup dried chopped onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Mix evaporated milk, ground beef, oatmeal, eggs, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Shape into meatballs using hands or a small cookie scoop.
- Place in one layer in casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F for large meatballs or 30 minutes for small meatballs.