- 4 hoagie or sub sandwich buns
- 12 meatballs
- 1 jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Heat the meatballs and spaghetti sauce in a small saucepan. Allow to simmer on low until meatballs are heated through.
- Place sandwich buns on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread spaghetti sauce on both sides of each bun.
- Place 3 meatballs on the bottom portion of each bun. Cut each slice of cheese in half and place a half on both the tops and bottoms of each bun.
- Set oven to broil (550°F). Place baking rack in second space from the top. Broil for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bun has browned on edges.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 2-3 minutes before placing top bun over meatballs on bottom bun. Serve warm.