This is an extremely easy take on Mexican rice. While probably not the most authentic, the flavor of the taco seasoning makes it the perfect complement to almost any Mexican food. Serve with Chicken Enchiladas Suizas and a margarita!
Easy Mexican Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry long-grain white rice
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add rice, and cook, stirring frequently, until rice begins to turn a golden color, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Gently pour in chicken broth and stir. Stir in salsa, taco seasoning, garlic and peas and carrots. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.