This recipe is from Peggy. She says, “I made this the first time just like it said using chicken (I don’t do turkey) and no cilantro (Harry does do fresh herbs). I thought it was great. The second time I made it, I used chicken, onions and grated cheddar cheese (no peppers or Swiss cheese). It was good then also.” Serve with this Easy Mexican Rice.
Chicken Enchiladas Suizas
- 1 ¼ cup salsa verde
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro optional
- 1 ½ cup diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 7 ounce jar of roasted peppers
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- Diced tomatoes sliced green onions and/or additional cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix salsa, sour cream and cilantro in a bowl.
- Spread ½ cup of the salsa mixture over the bottom of a 2 to 2 ½ quart baking dish.
- Slice roasted peppers into 1/2″ strips.
- Combine meat, 1 cup shredded cheese and roasted peppers.
- Warm tortillas (10 seconds in the microwave for 2 at a time).
- Fill each tortilla with scant 1/2 cup meat mixture. Then place seam-side down in baking dish. Top with remaining salsa mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Top with diced tomato, sliced green onions and additional cilantro, if desired.
Adapted from: Women’s Day magazine