Asparagus can be a delicious vegetable, but it needs a little help. I like it roasted in the oven with a little olive oil, seasoned salt and garlic powder, but to really make it taste great, try wrapping it in bacon!
- 5 slices of bacon
- 15-20 stalks of asparagus
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the tough end of asparagus stalks by snapping near the end. By braking it where it snaps naturally, you can keep the majority of the stalk but get rid of the stringy part. Alternatively, use a knife to cut off the bottom couple inches. Rinse under running water. Pat dry.
- Wrap 3-4 stalks of asparagus in each piece of bacon. Place bacon ends down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Move asparagus to the top rack and turn oven to broil (550°F). Broil for 5 minutes, turning halfway through. This will get your bacon crunchy on both sides.
- Serve warm.