This quick Tater Tot Casserole is Peggy’s recipe. I have a tater tot casserole that uses canned corn or peas instead of the frozen mixed vegetables. You can customize this recipe, in other words, include whichever vegetables you prefer. As a result of cooking the tater tots while you brown the ground beef, you can multitask and get this delicious casserole on the table in 30 minutes. After that, you’ll have more time to enjoy with your family. Finally, try these other 30 Minute Meals.
Tater Tot Casserole
- ½ package (28 ounce package) frozen mini tater tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 small onion chopped
- ¼ green pepper chopped
- 1¼ red pepper chopped
- ½ package (12 ounce package) frozen mixed or stir fry vegetables
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup grated cheese your choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place 1/2 package frozen mini tater tots on large baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef with garlic, onion and peppers. Drain fat from browned meat.
- Add vegetables and soup. Heat through; simmer until tater tots are crisp.
- Remove tater tots from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F.
- Pour ½ of meat mixture into 8×8″ casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- Put ½ of tater tots over meat mixture; sprinkle with ½ cup of the cheese.
- Repeat layers of meat mixture and tater tots (not cheese).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup cheese on top. Return to oven and bake another 5 minutes.