Make your own crust or use a tube of crescent dough to make this delicious cheesecake.
For the dough:
- 1 cup milk, microwaved to 110°F
- 2 1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/4 – 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Make the dough. When finished, split into two balls and roll each out into rectangle, about 1/4″ thick. Cut to 13″ x 9″ rectangles.
Press one of the rectangles into a greased 9×13 pan and leave the other on the counter, covering both with a towel.
Let rest/rise for 1 hour.
For the filling:
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar together with the cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour a little bit of the melted butter (about 1-2 T) and cinnamon sugar onto the bottom layer of the dough already in the 9×13 dish.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of dough.
- Drizzle the rest of the melted butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 18 pieces.
- Serve chilled.