Using whole grain brown Minute rice increases the fiber to make you feel full longer. The par-cooked Minute rice cooks faster than traditional rice, getting this meal on the table in just 30 minutes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup brown Minute Rice
- 8 (soft taco size) flour tortillas
- 1 cup Colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Taco sauce, to taste
- Brown ground beef and minced onions in large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water.
- Stir in rice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Stir.
- Spoon ground beef mixture evenly onto tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with taco sauce, if desired. Fold in half to enclose filling.
Adapted from minuterice.com
30 Minute Meal
Serve with Roasted Broccoli and fresh pineapple.
Get the printable document by clicking on the image below: